We welcome volunteers of all backgrounds and all abilities. Email (Habitat for Humanity of Gallup) or call to be added to our group notices about our construction projects or scheduled board meetings and locations. Call 505-722-4226. Meetings are open to the public.
Everyone is welcome to volunteer whenever they are available within all or part of construction hours.
Tools/equipment needed: Work clothing, work shoes & gloves, sunscreen, safety glasses, tools if you have them.
NOTE: In keeping with our goal of ‘Building Green’ please do not bring plastic water bottles to site. Stainless steel reusable bottles are available everywhere. We will also have the igloo for hot days.
See safety video: HFHI Construction Safety Orientation
Use Password W8NAEBTG at: www.hfhaffiliateinsurance.com
Volunteering with Habitat
Benefits to You
- Make new friends & learn new skills.
- Be part of a community coming together for the benefit of all.
- Help a deserving family to complete their home.
- Contributing money can be anonymous and is tax deductible
Benefits to Your Company
- Investing back into your community.
- Company Volunteer Workdays present a positive community outlook in your employees.
- Publicize your company’s investment for positive customer and community feedback.
- Use assigned dollar value as credit on taxes.
Site Age Limits
- Volunteers must be age 18 or older to work on the roof or with any type of power tools.
- Volunteers age 14 to 17 may work on the construction of houses only if they are accompanied and supervised by a responsible adult 21 years of age or older.
- Volunteers age 12 to 13 may work at a construction site on non-construction jobs, such as painting or landscaping, only if they are accompanied and supervised by a responsible adult 21 years of age or older.
- Volunteers age 11 or younger are not allowed to work at a construction site, with the exception of helping at the volunteer table, with food service or other similar jobs.
These age limits are not here to discourage youth participation. We encourage youth participation within safe working limits. The age limits are here to help keep all volunteers on the site safe and to meet insurance guidelines.
These age limits are to be abided by at all times without exception.